First Bites Preview: El Chorro
By David A. Porter, The Roaming Boomers
El Chorro: Arizona Restaurant Week Special
- $30 for three-course dinner + famous sticky bread starter
- Daily Soup
- El Chorro House Salad / Mixed Organic Greens, Chick Peas, Raisins
- Organic Caesar / Romaine, Parmesan, Crispy Polenta Croutons
- Free Range Roast Chicken / Fingerling Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Chorico Hash
- Trout Almondine / Lemon Brown Butter, Almonds, Green Beans
- Center Cut Filet / Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach
Third Course (choice of):
- Mexican Chocolate & Sun Dried Cherry Pie
- Apple Cranberry & Walnut Crisp / Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce
Highlights of the meal:
This was our first experience dining at El Chorro. Little did we know that it was destined to become one of our favorite local restaurants.
First off, they had us with the sticky buns. We weren't familiar with these locally famous treats, and let me just say...our eyes were rolling back in our heads with glee. Major Yumminess and an unexpected surprise!
Read more about El Chorro .